Our Client is looking to hire a Sr. Software Engineer to be part of their Social Syndication
team. The Social Syndication team is responsible for building and growing services and APIs that
allow customers to easily:
- Publish and manage video posts on an ever-growing number of social platforms such as
YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram.
- Collect and aggregate insightful social analytics data.
- Syndicate video metadata to enable seamless integration with customer and other third
- Perform essential pre-publication tasks such as video clipping.
- You will work on a well-established project that nonetheless has excellent product growth
potential, with lots of new work in the pipeline.
- You will work with a wide variety of technologies and third party libraries and APIs.
- You will work at a great company with many opportunities for career growth and lateral
- Design, develop, deploy, test, support and monitor secure, performant, and highly
scalable cloud services and APIs for use by other components as well as
- Provide operational support for the platform
- Work in an agile environment with a team of engineers to create new product features
and to streamline/enhance existing solutions and workflows
- Develop systems in the cloud (AWS)
- Develop clean, high quality code
- Minimum 5+ years professional software development experience
- Professional experience coding complex Java-based backend services
- Experience with AWS and with using the AWS SDK to interact with AWS cloud services
(we leverage DynamoDB, SNS, SQS, S3, Lambda, ElasticSearch, CloudFront, and a bunch
- Experience with building cloud applications at scale, and ability to design and implement
services that exhibit excellent performance, robustness, and efficiency under load.
- Experience designing and implementing REST API services as well as client applications that interact with third party REST API services.
- Ability to solve difficult problems, write thorough unit tests, and communicate well both verbally and in writing.
Nice to have:
- Direct experience working with social platform APIs (Facebook Graph API, etc...) and
- Experience with the Dropwizard REST service framework
- Experience with containerized application technologies like docker and kubernetes
- Exposure to DataDog, SumoLogic
- CI/CD (TeamCity, Jenkins)
This is a contract position. 😎