Our client is looking for a Principal level Sr. Cloud DevOps Engineer to lead a "managed service" Pod-based engagement (that was a mouthful). 👊
- Manage AWS cloud computing environment, including compute, data, security, and other features.
- Recommend and provision infrastructure, as well as troubleshooting and issue resolution.
- Collaborate with Data Engineers to improve automation of workflows, infrastructure, code testing and deployment.
- Develop and maintain solutions for operational administration, system/data backup, disaster recovery, and security/performance monitoring.
- Ensure the client's systems are highly available and resilient.
- Continuously evaluate existing systems with industry standards and make recommendations for improvement.
- Background in multiple disciplines including cloud infrastructure, system administration, security, site reliability engineering, and software engineering.
- 5+ years of professional experience as a DevOps/System Engineer.
- 5+ years of experience working within AWS and with its managed products (EC2, ECS, ECR, R53, RDS, etc.)
- 7+ years of progressive experience in definition and implementation of Data Warehousing and Business Intelligence solutions supporting e-commerce, direct-to-consumer marketing, or consumer data analytics teams. This experience will include the design and development of reliable, highly scalable, flexible, and high-performing data warehousing solutions.
- Experience with Serverless strategies and container technologies (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Experience with production infrastructure, including deployment, logging, monitoring, and similar
- Fluent in Python, and scripting languages (Shell scripting).
- Proficiency with DevOps, configuration management, and/or orchestration tooling (GitLab, CI/CD, Airflow)
- Experience working with complex and large volumes of data and the impacts on infrastructure
- Admin experience with Snowflake.
- Experience with Terraform.
- Admin experience with Informatica PowerCenter or Developer.
- Experience with Datadog or other similar cloud monitoring software (New Relic, Nagios, CloudWatch, etc.)
- Experience working with Airflow, and NIFI technologies - preferred
- AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect (Associate or Professional)
- Informatica Professional Certification
- Jenkins experience
- Experience with KPIs and dashboards
- Understanding of data science concepts
- Experience with non-relational, NoSQL, and semi-structured databases
- Experience with Django, Nginx, ReactJS or related technologies
- Experience with AWS Lambda
- Experience with Networking Concepts and technologies
- Experience with creating Application and/or Network Architecture Diagrams
- Insatiably curious about emerging technologies and tools
This is a contract role. And, remote, too! 🏖️😎