We are seeking a Senior Product Designer passionate about finding solutions that allow customers to use our products intuitively. The ideal candidate will be skilled at each stage of the design process but always focused on the needs of the customer. You will work with other designers and cross-functional team members and will rely heavily on both qualitative and quantitative data to make informed decisions. Candidates must be able to think in terms of the end-to-end user experience and create designs that are effective, engaging, and easy to use.
By partnering with cross-functional teams and customers, you will turn your insights into delightful products in a creative environment that requires proven leadership skills and the ability to execute a creative vision. Bring the outside in by learning from customers and applying best practices.
- Lead new user experience designs based on information from internal teams and user research.
- Identify new product improvement opportunities.
- Analyze how a new product satisfies market needs and consumer preferences.
- Stay up to date on current industry trends and market conditions.
- Work across the client to identify & recruit customers for research/validation
- Work with the research team to plan, schedule, run and unpack customer sessions and/or validation tests
- Actively apply best practices from external sources to improve our approaches. Design for emotional impact
- Lead the definition of MVP with storyboards and story maps centered on solving the right problem
- Help our customers engage their audiences by designing solutions that streamline their ability to source, curate, and deliver engaging content.
- Contribute to bringing our brand to life through the development & adoption of a design system
- Lead the design for accessible solutions for international audiences Cross-functional collaboration
- Work collaboratively with product managers to define product requirements focusing on customer efficiency, jobs-to-be-done and ease-of-use
- Work with UX colleagues to share and review design ideas and evolve team best practices
- Recognize & resolve issues within your scope of work, report status & mitigate risks to stakeholders
- Proven experience in all phases of the design process including design thinking, user research, copywriting, wireframing, prototyping, visual design, interaction design, and usability testing
- 5+ years of professional experience designing interactive user experiences; enterprise web applications experience strongly preferred
- An outstanding portfolio showcasing effective design solutions
- User-centered design perspective
- Familiarity with user research and usability testing
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- A solid understanding of rich internet application technologies
- Ability to rapidly prototype and evaluate designs with customers
- Able to work independently, plan and lead user experience design for one or more product areas
- Experience with agile development (scrum) a plus
- An intuitive eye for customer needs beyond the obvious
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to collaborate with cross-functional team members
- Ability to collect and interpret both qualitative and quantitative feedback
- A well-rounded portfolio of client work, demonstrating a strong understanding of client objectives
- Ability to effectively communicate and persuade around design concepts
- Passion for design; not satisfied with the status quo and always thinking of ways to improve
- Creative problem-solving skills
- Dynamic, creative personality, effective at engaging and influencing a variety of audiences
This is a contract position. 😎