Our client is looking for a strong engineer to join their "Live Team" focused on building an innovative media delivery platform -- aiming to make it even more efficient, scalable, and reliable.
- Maintain and build new features on top of our streaming ingestion, transcoding and distribution services
- Take ownership of a service from design to deployment
- Take into account scaling, cost and performance considerations when designing a service
- Stay abreast of developments and best practices within the tech industry and video
- Work with Customer Support and Account Management to respond to customer impacting issues
- Work alongside other teams to develop cross-project solutions and drive best practices across the organization
- 5+ years of software development experience on REST or backend services with at least 3+ in video streaming;
- Must have excellent coding, analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Understanding of media processing workflows: ingest, mux / demux, transcoding, format conversions etc.
- Experience delivering and supporting high scale SaaS services leveraging public cloud services such as Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Knowledge of modern programming languages: Java / Go / NodeJS; Go Preferred;
- Must have Domain knowledge on Video workflows specifically around VOD and/or Live encoding, packaging and various adaptive delivery formats.
- Knowledge of DRM, SSAI will be an added advantage.
- Exposure to front end development would also be an added advantage
- Experience working in a DevOps oriented team where engineers own the deployment stack
- Experience with Behavior and Test-Driven Development
- Knowledge of containers and container-based deployment, preferably Kubernetes
This is a 🦄 contract position. 😎